News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

alternative for lt1054?

Started by danwelsh, March 20, 2013, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

is there an alternative for the ic lt1054?...i'm going to place an order with mammoth and it's the only part they don't have for the honeydripper build...i'd hate to have to order 1 ic from somewhere else.

jubal81

Weird. I just ordered one for my Honeydripper build from there today

Here's a link
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

I would think the current draw on the Honeydripper isn't high enough to preclude using the MAX1044. Just connect pins 1 and 8. Heck, you don't even have to change the Zener you're using.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

danwelsh

Quote from: jubal81 on March 20, 2013, 10:15:32 PM
Weird. I just ordered one for my Honeydripper build from there today

Here's a link

It was mammoth i ordered from, thanks though.

danwelsh

Quote from: midwayfair on March 20, 2013, 10:19:51 PM
I would think the current draw on the Honeydripper isn't high enough to preclude using the MAX1044. Just connect pins 1 and 8. Heck, you don't even have to change the Zener you're using.

I pmd the man(madbean) and this is what he said :You can try a TC1044SCPA which they do have, but it may not deliver enough current for the Honeydripper. It would not hurt to try that, though. If you do use the TC1044, connect pins 1 and 8 together with a jumper under the PCB.

so that's what i ordered, i give it a go.

das234

Quote from: danwelsh on March 21, 2013, 12:03:03 AM
Quote from: midwayfair on March 20, 2013, 10:19:51 PM

I pmd the man(madbean) and this is what he said :You can try a TC1044SCPA which they do have, but it may not deliver enough current for the Honeydripper. It would not hurt to try that, though. If you do use the TC1044, connect pins 1 and 8 together with a jumper under the PCB.

so that's what i ordered, i give it a go.

Have you put that 1044 into use yet?  I'm anxious to hear whether it worked ok.  I'm in the same predicament you were.  I want to build the Honeydripper and that's the part I'd have to make a special order for unless the 1044 works.  I'd be interested to know if it works as a sub.

marauder

TC1044S works fine if you jumper pins 1 and 8 under the board.