News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fun with ink pens

Started by soldersqueeze, March 19, 2013, 12:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

I'll update this with a completed build in the next week or so, but I wanted to show the paint job before I possibly ruin it when I inevitably slip with a drill later on   ;)  It's the third enclosure I've finished and I thought I'd try something a little different.

Drawing on the sides of the enclosure may be something I don't rush to do again, it's really awkward and I'm undecided as to whether or not it was worth the time and effort. Still, it's always good to experiment!

For anyone curious, I think this is going to house a nautlius and low rider... for funky, funky goodness  :D

icecycle66

If having a cool enclosure is the goal, what you did to the sides of that box is well worth it.

crashguitar

Wow, that looks really amazing! The sides are incredible.

Chad

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

fendman

That looks really good :) hmmm :)

Micpoc

Really nice, soldersqueeze. What type of finish is already on the enclosure, and what kind/brand of ink pen are you using?

aballen

Definitely worth the trouble doing huge sides.  This looks amazing .

whitebread47

Whoa, that looks amazing!  :o

Do you mind if I ask what kind of pens you used?

I'm awful at painting with a brush but can draw relatively well, so I'm always looking for a way to incorporate that in my builds.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

spaceboss

You have a really nice style (and are a really good artist) It's cool when you can recognize someone's work, just from the box. (which you can with a lot of folks here.

midwayfair

I think your stuff is hands down the best paintpen work I've ever seen.

lincolnic

Quote from: midwayfair on March 19, 2013, 03:42:00 AM

culturejam

Now that's impressive.  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jkokura

That's truly art. I just arrange things on a computer...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Haberdasher

totally badass in my humble opinion.  i don't think i could ever freehand like that.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on March 19, 2013, 03:42:00 AM

+1000.

That is impressive on many levels.  I really really dig it.  Fantastic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper