News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A/Vero question

Started by mysticaxe, March 18, 2013, 05:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysticaxe

I've tweaked a layout for a Honeybee/Sparkling Yellow OD that I'm pretty happy with and want to build up.  I have vero.  I have a 1590A box.  Now the question of the hour?  Will 17x13 fit into the 1590A? (I'll only have two knobs and maybe one toggle).

On a side note, I'm also debating putting the resistor on the source of the 2N5457 on a switch to flip between 2 different values (one looser, one tighter and brighter) - I'm thinking 10K vs. 2x10K in parallel to give 5K.  Is there any good reason not to do this?

midwayfair

Quote from: mysticaxe on March 18, 2013, 05:25:51 PM
I've tweaked a layout for a Honeybee/Sparkling Yellow OD that I'm pretty happy with and want to build up.  I have vero.  I have a 1590A box.  Now the question of the hour?  Will 17x13 fit into the 1590A? (I'll only have two knobs and maybe one toggle).

On a side note, I'm also debating putting the resistor on the source of the 2N5457 on a switch to flip between 2 different values (one looser, one tighter and brighter) - I'm thinking 10K vs. 2x10K in parallel to give 5K.  Is there any good reason not to do this?

13 columns is unlikely to fit. I usually don't go above 12x20 for perfboard.

If you do what you're describing with the FET, you will disable part of the Nature control, which is partly variable gain for the 2N5457. In fact, for the most part, the nature control already does what you're talking about.

mysticaxe

That's OK - I've basically pulled that part of the circuit out anyway (didn't like it much).

mysticaxe

It is funny.  I tried to replace the resistor to ground with a 10k pot (wiring the wiper and lug 1 together and lug 3 to ground) - no sound regardless of pot position.