News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer - buffer mod

Started by jingyjangy, March 18, 2013, 02:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jingyjangy

I am building the Kingslayer and have run into a problem trying to match up wiring scheme for the buffer mod with a GPCB 3pdt board: http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3436229. Not sure how to use the 3pdt hookups with the B/OUT/X/G/IN on the Kingslayer board and which nodes on the footswitch/3pdt board to place the required resistors: 2X68K & 1X100K? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! ;D

midwayfair

Quote from: jingyjangy on March 18, 2013, 02:43:09 PM
I am building the Kingslayer and have run into a problem trying to match up wiring scheme for the buffer mod with a GPCB 3pdt board: http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3436229. Not sure how to use the 3pdt hookups with the B/OUT/X/G/IN on the Kingslayer board and which nodes on the footswitch/3pdt board to place the required resistors: 2X68K & 1X100K? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! ;D

I really don't think you'll be able to use a true bypass board with the Kingslayer in buffered bypass, certainly not without a trace mask. I can't say exactly what switching scheme they used, but certainly if they use something like Madbean's with a grounded effect input in bypass and three lugs connected to ground, you won't have enough lugs available that aren't connected to something else.

jingyjangy

Thanks Jon. I'll run this build in true bypass. I read through the description/build instructions but didn't see anything about power requirements for this build - is it 18v or run on the standard 9v?

midwayfair

Quote from: jingyjangy on March 22, 2013, 12:05:13 PM
Thanks Jon. I'll run this build in true bypass. I read through the description/build instructions but didn't see anything about power requirements for this build - is it 18v or run on the standard 9v?

9v only. The one-board charge pump provides the +9V/-9V. If you feed it any voltages above 10V, you risk damaging or destroying the chip. (Hence the 9.1V Zener diode to prevent voltage spikes.)

jingyjangy

Thanks for the quick reply. I assumed it was 9v but I just wanted to make sure.