News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Little Angel (birthday ed.) - Xmas PIF Build

Started by Stomptown, March 18, 2013, 06:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

I finally got around to building my Christmas PIF. Thanks again to BRGPollen for the Little Angel board and enclosure. Since the project is called the little angel I decided to use one of my favorite photos of my daughter looking out at the Columbia River. I know... kind of cheesy but as many of you know, daughters bring that out in us :D.

My impressions of the Lil Angel... Well... It won't be replacing my Porkbarrel any time soon, but it is really transparent and I was able to find a couple sweet spots that I really like. It can go from very subtle to over the top modulation. I prefer the more subtle settings with regards to both rate and depth...

I decided to mix it up a bit with my drill layout this time. I thought it would be a tight fit but it wasn't really that bad. I used one of those new "Pro" switches that Mammoth sells and it definitely feels a lot nicer than the Taiwan Blue. I am glad we spent the extra $$$ on those switches in the group buy...

Cheers,
Jon

hoodoo

Very nice mate, I like it all alot. Insides are perfect and I like the way you've moved the footswitch offcentre, nice little touch. The etch couldn't be more perfect for the name of the pedal and the fact that it's your daughter makes it even more perfect. Great job allround, Matt. :)

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

midwayfair

Excellent build and another really great etch -- the LED on the side is awesome, too.

pickdropper

This is fantastic all around.  It might be my favorite of your builds.

The fact that the etch is a picture of your daughter is just that much cooler.

Great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

aballen

Great looking etch. I really like how the pots and stomp are off center

Rip57

That is just impressive as hell. Really clean concept and execution.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

lincolnic

IsaacMoth

Dang. That is about as slick as it gets. Nicely done!
-Isaac
sales@mammothelectronics.com

nacho

I'm also planning to make a Little Angel (as a brithday gift for a friend), but this one is really beautifull.

fendman

Very impressive..That build and etch are truly beautiful, well done sir.