News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just sharin' some Brian Setzer

Started by midwayfair, March 15, 2013, 05:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I'm always struck by just how good his technique is for what can sometimes sound "flashy" on a record, and this was a good video with close-ups of his hands. But stick around until he plays just the basic tune on the bass strings -- his Bigsby work is fantastic.

G.G.

that was great. But I missed half it because I was mesmerized by the pretty metalflake.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

DutchMF

Yup, that boy can play.... Thanks for sharing, Jon!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jkokura

I knew he was good, but that was a primo showing. I really noticed how effortllessly and natural he made it seem to swtich between pic and finger pickin. And I love the Bigsby.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

Quote from: jkokura on March 15, 2013, 06:22:53 PMbut that was a primo showing.

He's gotten much more fluid since the 80s and even 90s when he was with the BSO, if you watch some old videos. He used to be a bit more stiff but more, I dunno, animated; now he's really fun to watch, and his playing is just as exciting as it ever was. It reminds me of the difference between playing like you're playing and playing like you're working. A lot of the best art, to me, always comes out of "play" in the most childish sense of the word.

ch1naski

Huge Setzer fan!
I've seen the Stay Cats, the orchestra (Christmas extravaganza), and the Nashvillains.
Completely underrated guy, and quite a crooner to boot. And he does all that with carpal tunnel.
Check out "live in Japan" and prepare to be impressed.
one louder.

stecykmi