News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Space Cadet 2-in1 Delay/Reverb with demo (non-MB)

Started by pryde, March 12, 2013, 10:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is the "Space Cadet" Delay and Reverb 2-in1 pedal. The delay is the well-known Echobase modulation delay paired with 1776 Rubadub reverb (Thanks Josh). The reverb uses the medium decay brick which sounds nice and ambient. The echobase has only the LFO kill switch mod which is tucked up next to the speed and depth knobs.

I wanted a dual modulation pedal in a 1590BB and tried a few different delay circuits but settled on the echobase as I just like it the best in the PT2399 lot. It took some planning and careful drilling to get it all in here and I am pleased overall with the result. I believe I will enter this one into the March build off.

OK then, there is a quick and dirty demo of it at the bottom

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/space-cadet-delay-reverb[/soundcloud]

midwayfair

Haberdasher

That decal looks KILLER.  Great job all around!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Very nice all around!  :o It must have taken some careful planning to get that to fit and keep it so clean. I can't wait to hear your demo. I've never actually heard the echobase in action...

jprizz

Very well executed layout, fitting all that together like that and making it still look simple.

jkokura

Loved the demo especially! That spacey Echo's section sounds so lovely. I really enjoyed your playing there.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

I really love the inside man,that is stellar. I would have never thought about positioning the boards that way. That idea is officially stolen,expect to see it again!  ;D I was thinking about the echobase too,prolly be my next delay after the 3 I still gotta build! They're candy like phasers!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hoodoo

Well, there's the March winner right there folks, guess i'll aim for April  ;D. Very talented dude, builds like this and great chops as well, inspirational stuff. I loved the first half of that demo, i could almost hear Sting singing along, all the best, Matt.

pryde

Quote from: hoodoo on March 14, 2013, 10:32:02 AM
Well, there's the March winner right there folks, guess i'll aim for April  ;D. Very talented dude, builds like this and great chops as well, inspirational stuff. I loved the first half of that demo, i could almost hear Sting singing along, all the best, Matt.

Ha. Unfortunately this pedal doesn't meet the standard of many of the builds in the Feb contest so I expect the March contest to be equally challenging. Some of the builders here are just world-class.

Regardless, I appreciate the nice comments. THis pedal was a fun challenge to put together