News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PSA: DRINKING AND ORDERING PARTS DO NOT MIX.

Started by ch1naski, March 10, 2013, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Up late a few nights ago, got real happy with my tax return money.

Time to stock up on parts! Oh yea! No more waiting a week for a common part that I should have already had lying around.

So I grabbed a few BOM's and and checked my parts bins....wrote some stuff  down that I'm either low on, or out of, and decided to go with Tayda.

Got pretty far with the order, only to find that they didn't have a few things on the list.

Well, there's no way I'm gonna pay for shipping twice, so I went right over to mammoth.

Made sure I got everything on the list, and ordered.

Next night, after taking pain pills ( I've got some wrist problems....makes it hard to play guitar, among other things), I had a couple glass of wine.
Plop down in front of the computer, and the Tayda page is still open.

What? I forgot to put the order through? Damnit! Better finish this up and order now so I will have the parts.
Done.

Yesterday, all my stuff arrived.

Whoops. I now have more 2k trimmers than I'll probably ever need in two lifetimes. :P

I actually can't fit all this stuff in my parts bins. That's a first 8)

Live and learn. Let this be a lesson to the kids:

Never order (or build, for that matter) while intoxicated.

That is all. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

culturejam

But now you have a good stash. I think it's worth it. Well done, and drink up!  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

DutchMF

As far a I'm concerned, the only thing you should not do while intoxicated is drill holes in enclosures. Do that sober and wear some safety goggles! The rest of building pedal building is a DIY free-for-all! DUI = DIY Under the Influence.........  ;D

Paul

BTW: Cheers!!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

atreidesheir

March is the only month of the year I like having low family income.  Getting a tax refund makes us one of Mitt Romney's 47% leeching off the important people.  And fills the parts bin.  You need a second parts bin.  no biggie.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

jimilee

Ahahahahaha that's a great story. I guess we know who to go for if we need spares huh?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

This is the reason I have 900 100k metal film resistors. for some reason they always make it into my cart.. I never remember buying them..

atreidesheir

What did you ever do to 100k metal film resistors?  They are stalking you like blackbirds.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

pedalman

i found a great deal on leds while drinking. such a great deal i ordered 1k of each color red/yellow/green
turns out these things are the worlds worst leds (used in 70's-80's toys)
now i have a fancy coffee can with 3k junk leds in it. I will come  up with a crazy build in the future
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

ch1naski

You guys make me feel better. :)

And now, I toast you all!

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

ch1naski

Lol. Just noticed....two orders drunk, and I STILL FORGOT TO GET MY DAMN PCB MOUNT C500K POT.

Epic fail. Twice. :P

one louder.

Stomptown

Quote from: ch1naski on March 11, 2013, 05:15:12 AM
Lol. Just noticed....two orders drunk, and I STILL FORGOT TO GET MY DAMN PCB MOUNT C500K POT.

Epic fail. Twice. :P

Haha! I keep telling myself that I need to have a restock list to refer to whenever I order. Unfortunately I'm too busy drinking beers and making pedals to get one going!