News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DeadRinger Problems

Started by ichilton, March 09, 2013, 06:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichilton

Hi,

I've completed a build of the DeadRinger (Fulldrive 2) - on a board done by Haberdasher (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=2038).

The pedal generally seems to work ok, but i'm having a few odd problems and was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction to solve them?

- The pedal seems to work ok as long as the power socket isn't touching the metal box - it works when it's dangling loose, but if I put it in to the box, or even touch the box with it, it goes off. I've checked with a multimeter that the box is conducting with ground and not positive and it seems ok.

- The boost isn't working - the LED lights ok, i've checked the wiring and checked with the multimeter that the right contacts are touching on engaged and not, but even with the boost knob on full, the sound/gain doesn't seem to change when engaging boost.

- With the mode switch, I can't hear any difference in the top and middle positions. The bottom position is quieter and has a lot more gain (and conversly when switching to the middle position, it goes louder and has less gain), but then middle to top doesn't seem to make any difference.

How can I check which way round each of the switches are? - i.e how can I work out which is normal and mosfet and which is comp-cut, fm and vintage?

Thanks,

Ian