News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Powering Multiple Pedals Same Enclosure

Started by Zerstorte Zelle, March 09, 2013, 04:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

Weird. It's the Aquaboy and the CE-2 you are running on the charge pump? I don't know the current draw on the Aquaboy, but I've read the CE-2 is about 10mA. The Aquaboy shouldn't be more than double that. The whole draw should be less than 30mA. So, you should have plenty of room left.

Could it be in your actual power supply? I was just converting my CE-2 build over to the MN3207 so I could lift the 3007 and put it in a Small Clone I just etched a board for. After I did the change, the pedal wouldn't work and I spent an entire morning testing and pulling parts and redoing things until I finally realized that it was my power brick. I think its buck converter croaked and now when it gets a bit over 10mA the voltage dumps on the 9V outputs to about 2.6V. It drove me nutty.

I've done one build where I put a Fuzz Face and Rangemaster both on one charge pump to generate the -9V. But, they are both really low draw circuits.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).