News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Original Egodriver Tone Knob

Started by Tragic, March 07, 2013, 06:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tragic

I have been gigging with my Egodriver for a long time. I noticed on other kit sites that they have a tone Centralization MOD. Can that be done with my V1 Egodriver?
Thanks so much.

Stomptown

Can you post a schematic from one of the kits and info on the suggested mod?

Tragic

Quote from: Tragic on March 07, 2013, 06:40:06 PM
I have been gigging with my Egodriver for a long time. I noticed on other kit sites that they have a tone Centralization MOD. Can that be done with my V1 Egodriver?
Thanks so much.

Sorry, It is a Version 4 Ego board.

midwayfair

"Tone centralization mod"? WTF.

The OCD's tone control is frigging terrible, but I have no clue what this would even mean.

The easiest way to fix the control is to use a 100K for the tone control so that more than the last 1/4 turn is useful. I find it particularly hilarious that the OCD's marketting talks about all those harmonics when his tone control is a cut to most of the fundamentals (the low side of the switch is a 100Hz low-pass. one. hundred. frigging. hertz. that's not even the A string yet, so it's almost the whole frigging guitar.)

Matt

If I remember right the tone centralized mod is used on the guitarpcb version. I think that project is called the ODC.
Matt

my7of9

The "Tone Centralizer Mod", it is a simple modification incorporated into our version to give it a more useful tone control.
This is a Laymen term for the average Joe that feel the pedal is dark for their rig.

For those who would prefer to test (on any version) a more technical description of modifications, see our Build Document located in the PCB Shop (with schematic included & membership not required) and try any of the following modifications.

If you would like an even brighter tone (darker rig) here are some options:

Socket and decrease the value of C4, down to 10nF should be enough. (Socket and see)

You could also try increasing C8 to 470nF and making the Tone pot a 10k Log.

You can even try omitting C4 from the circuit to give maximum frequency response.
Just compare schematics to match with any other build and have fun.

Bare in mind that this isn't the best tone control (based on the original). You can't expect much from just 1 Capacitor and a Potentiometer, however a happy spot is available for just about anyone.

I hope that helps,

Barry
GuitarPCB