News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phase 90 clone question.

Started by jimilee, March 07, 2013, 03:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So I'm building a phase 90 clone from tonepad and it calls for a 15uf electro. Can't seem to find one,what can I substitute for this?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

plesur

jimilee

Is there an audible difference between the two? Is it better to go lower or higher?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Pretty sure you can find 15 uF tantalums, I just got some from Smallbear for a different build, whether or not they are better or worse for the application I couldn't tell you.

If you've got a pile of 22 uF electros and a DMM to measure capacitance, odds are you can find a 22 uF in the bunch, as the tolerance swing is usually in the +/- 20%, and -20% would put you almost right on 15.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Put a 4.7 in parallel with a 10uF.

However, a 10uF is fine. It's just part of the LFO filtering. It *might* slightly affect the speed.

Smallbear also has them:
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=561

jimilee

Cool thanks Jon. I put a socket in there just in case.

Stomptown

I used the 15uF tants and mine sounds great!

jimilee

Totally forgot about tants will order some up.