News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HoneyDripper 11th Rotary Switch Pad Problem !

Started by Jimihendrix1987, March 02, 2013, 02:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimihendrix1987

Hi there !

I've got a problem with the 11th PCB Pad from the Rotary Switch. The effect sounded as usually till I opened the box for cheking anything and then I saw that Pad got desoldered from the PCB. Afterwards, the effect hasn't sounded anymore.

Does anyone know where should I solder a jumper ? I mean soldering a jumper between the pin from that 11th pad to where?

I cannot understand the schematich. I hope you could help me !

Ignacio

soldersqueeze

I don't think that 11th pin is used at all, there is no switch 1C on the schem so I think the switch is just being used as a 2P4T.
Check for any other damage on the PCB or the wiring. Is there no effect, or no signal coming through at all? We need a little more information.

Jimihendrix1987

Hi !

I haven't written anything else because the effect sounded properly till I opened the box. There is only bypass signal, no sound when the effect is engaged...

Thanks

soldersqueeze

OK then, in that case, don't worry about that 11th pin for now but look for anything else on the board that appears damaged. Also, check that when the board is in the box that nothing is shorting to the case because you may have moved things around a little when putting it back in the box- that's a very common problem

Jimihendrix1987

Solved !

The output FX cable was broken. Replaced and sounding again.

However, behind the dipthonized sound I am able to hear like a little hiss every time I hit a single note... I didn't realize about that last time I played it.

I mean, you play a note and you can hear behind it a sound like a little analogic processing procedure of the note to make it wave (don't know how to explain)

Anybody suffers from this ? :)