News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

thought these looked cool.

Started by hammerheadmusicman, March 01, 2013, 10:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

just bought 5 of these to see what they are like, but it thought they'd look cool on something with a fancy decal.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230914203013&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:GB:3160

Has anyone used them before?

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

aballen

looks a lot better than the white ones :D

hammerheadmusicman

That's what I thought, should be here in a week or so, I'll report back when these arrive :) if they are good I'll contact the seller about buying a load.

Micpoc

Quote from: aballen on March 01, 2013, 10:37:04 PM
looks a lot better than the white ones :D

Agreed... I HATE the white ones. I'd actually like to get some aluminum ones to match my plain enclosures, but clear ones seem like an even better option.

jimilee

Got some black ones from Mammoth. They look prety good. Used one on my Einstein delay
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

atreidesheir

I like them. I like metal too, these look pretty mod on a bare finished box.  great job.

I tried some larger diameter clear washers as an alt to lighted pots and the acrylic lighted bottom panels a year or so ago.  Never got it to look very good, but maybe it deserves another chance.  might look good on 1590bb or larger.  I do not resent the white ones as much as most around here.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

hammerheadmusicman

me neither, i guite like the white ones, as do a lot of guys who have me build stuff for them, i just though clear looked really cool. Not for covering up a mis-driled hole though ;)

slimtriggers

I don't mind the white washer, either, but options are nice.  The only pet peeve I have regarding washers is when people put the lock washer on the outside of the enclosure. 

Of course I have seen builds with lock washers used externally in cool ways, so I guess even that can be cool 8)

hammerheadmusicman

i am with you on the internal lock washer!

atreidesheir

I have used coins to good effect at times for washers and misdrills.  another option to consider.  I repeat though, I really like the clear.  looks much better than I expected.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman