News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy (Extra Projects) - Possible error on BOM?

Started by chromesphere, February 27, 2013, 10:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

I think there is an error on the BOM.  Last time i said this i was wrong so here goes :D

This is the build:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=5521.0

It says in the callebration instructions to probe pin 7 of the bbd.  Pin 7 of the bbd is the input (the clean signal), so probing it and adjusting bias will not show you if the bbd is outputting a delayed signal.  I think this should say, probe pin 3 or 4.   That was the confusion for me.  I was probing pin 7 (the input) as per the build instructions and adjusting the bias, trying to listen for a change in the signal (which obviously isnt going to happen because its the input.)

I didnt try this with the output pins because, well, I thought there might be some reason to probing the input that i didnt understand fully. As soon as the penny dropped, "i should be probing the outputs!" it was easy to get it going.

Please correct me if im wrong here.  This was the only way i could callibrate my aquapuss.

I'm now onto the fault diagnosing bonus round "how to get a long delay without distorted repeats".  That will be my next thread :)

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube