Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Nautilus, but....

Started by jfk1063, February 25, 2013, 09:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfk1063

Hi,

This is my Nautilus, but....

There is so much gain on the gainpot. I did change it to reverse log, but still too much.

I set the voltrim to zero, but still it is loud.

Do you have any tips or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

John

chordball

I dig it!

Regarding the volume, the suggested mod is to lower the value of R24. One person said 39k was good there. I had way too much volume in my build as well and I have a 39k there now, but haven't really had a chance to completely evaluate it.

Hope that helps!

jfk1063

Thanks, but R24 is allready 10K, so you mean increase it to 39K?

chordball

Oops, my apologies there! You're correct though.

eldanko

Guessing you may have tried this, but... try going the other way on the vol trimpot? For whatever reason, the trimpot I used worked in reverse... I thought I had it set at zero when I fired up, and it was actually maxed...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

garfo

so,i did experience the same.try to cross a resistor(around 4 M) on the gain pot from lug 1 to 3.that will make the pot somewhat around 800k and it will be more useful.also use a reverse audio 1MC pot.im not sure about the value of the resistor but it is around 4 M.perhaps 4.7 m.google for a parallel resistor calculator and figure out a way of reducing the value of the pot to around 800 k
Quote from: jfk1063 on February 25, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
Hi,

There is so much gain on the gainpot. I did change it to reverse log, but still too much.

I set the voltrim to zero, but still it is loud.

Do you have any tips or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

John

jfk1063

Thanks!
I will try it asap and will let you know.
John

garfo

Search the forum , I believe the build reports.Someone did a video from the nautilus and everything is explained to detail there.
Quote from: jfk1063 on February 27, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
Thanks!
I will try it asap and will let you know.
John

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

garfo

also cross a 5.1 k resistor across thĂȘ sweep pot.apparently that will prevent oscillation from happening.this modd is suggested by Bryan.in my case i will do it using a resistor around 6k

pedalhealer

Quote from: jfk1063 on February 25, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
Hi,

John

Which cable is on the peak LED? They are not there on original schematic!
www.pedalhealer.com
instagram: pedalhealer_dot_com