News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sunking Polystyrene Film Capacitor or ceramic?

Started by gtangas, February 24, 2013, 12:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

hi guys

After the customs impound my components from tayda... and wait almost 3 weeks to get my hands on it (F***) i star to build my sunking.

For the PF caps (390pf and 820pf) i bought ceramic caps and Polystyrene Film Cap

I tried the silver mica but only found 820pf.

I need some advice on your experience on this two options.

RobA

Unless you have a particular reason to want to use the ceramic cap, polystyrene are the better cap. They're actual considered to be quite good caps other than their size to capacitance ratio. They also aren't all that common anymore. I didn't know Tayda carried them.

I've used polystyrene in a couple of my builds and the are nice sounding but they're usually a pain to get on the board because they are too big.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

gtangas

i didn't buy it from tayda....

I found a old shop in Lisbon that have several values of this caps and the guy there told me that they ware very nice caps.... so i bought it.

I will fire it up tomorrow....  ;D

garfo

In Portugal you can get them from Sonigate I think, otherwise just do it like me and buy them from Banzai in Germany.And yes, I believe that anything besides ceramic will work better, but that's just me. ;)