News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just another Afterlife/Flatline on perf ...

Started by midwayfair, February 22, 2013, 05:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

So I was selling some compressors recently, and my first Afterlife got misdelivered and who knows if it'll ever turn up. I made a replacement for the buyer.

Very pleased with how it turned out - very crisp (my camera apparently decided to do some fuzzy mood lighting glamour photos, though). The layout would have fit in a 1590A, but he didn't care about the size, and I've had this case drilled for ages with nothing to put in it.

1N60P diodes, a VTC5C1, and a white (but not blinding) LED.

GermanCdn

Very nice build, Jon, there's enough space left in that enclosure for a second compressor, lol.

Question for you - have you ever tried to build a Flatline with an NSL-32, and if so, did it work out all right?  I've got a glut of NSL-32 lying around and I'm planning on a bit of a compressor binge in the not so distant future, figuring if anyone had tried it it would probably be you.

Love the Bearhug, BTW, built two and going to be building a few more once I get the bass tweaks worked out (not that it doesn't sound great with bass stock, just trying to get a little extra).
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 22, 2013, 05:50:21 PM
Question for you - have you ever tried to build a Flatline with an NSL-32, and if so, did it work out all right?  I've got a glut of NSL-32 lying around and I'm planning on a bit of a compressor binge in the not so distant future, figuring if anyone had tried it it would probably be you.

Yes, in fact the one this one's replacing used an NSL-32. It sounds good, but it does have a lower dark resistance (basically, lowers the gain all the time a bit more and thus doesn't have as big of a compression range) and a slower reaction time.

Also, thanks re: the Bearhug. Excited to find out how it can be optimized for bass. :)