Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPSITBSMNDCTCD

Started by midwayfair, February 22, 2013, 01:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

That's
"New Practice Space in the Basement So My Neightbors Don't Call the Cops Day"

Bit of a work in progress, but so far I like it. :)

here's the door:

Some more details for the overly curious here ...
http://jonpattonmusic.com/2013/02/22/possibly-the-weirdest-music-thing-ive-diyed-work-in-progress/

sirbergersworth

Looks good. To small for me but if it works, use it.
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

jubal81

Congrats. Have you given it the "Honey, stand over there and tell me how loud it is test" yet?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

Quote from: jubal81 on February 22, 2013, 02:19:46 AM
Congrats. Have you given it the "Honey, stand over there and tell me how loud it is test" yet?

Yup. The TV is right above it. Playing the acoustic she doesn't have to adjust the volume. It's very quiet in the kitchen, which is closer to the neighbors' wall, and that's more of what counts. It'll be even better once the ceiling is stuffed with old pillows (won't block bass freqs, but it will cut down on the treble passing). Also, the foot stomping doesn't matter on a concrete floor. :)

wolfingsworth

Nice job! I love the door  :) Hope this will stifle your crazy neighbor, but if not, it's only a matter of time before the crazy leaves. People like that often don't stay in one place too long. Way to take the high road man!

DutchMF

Jon, I know the reason you actually built this is a very, very uncool one, but consider yourself lucky to have the space to create something like that! I'm freakin' jealous! The only playing I do at home is with headphones or a ridiculous practice amp for no more then 15 minutes..... Nice work dude!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

eldanko

Does this mean your demos won't be filmed in front of the liquor cabinet anymore?

;)
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

midwayfair

Quote from: eldanko on February 22, 2013, 02:09:18 PM
Does this mean your demos won't be filmed in front of the liquor cabinet anymore?

;)

Unfortunately, it does mean that. :(

I will try to put something just as interesting (or at least more interesting than my face) on the green wall behind the amp.

eldanko

Green wall = green screen? Just 'shop in the ol cabinet for old times sake.  ;D

eldanko

Random fact: the Betta fish I had my sophomore year of college was named Mr. Sanders.

midwayfair

Quote from: eldanko on February 22, 2013, 02:14:20 PM
Random fact: the Betta fish I had my sophomore year of college was named Mr. Sanders.

Just one?  :-\

All of ours are named Bunny. Even the guys.

eldanko

I thought if you had more than one they killed each other?

midwayfair

Quote from: eldanko on February 22, 2013, 02:27:26 PM

Oh. Ours aren't betas. They're just tetras. I just meant all our fish are named Bunny.

eldanko

Quote from: midwayfair on February 22, 2013, 02:29:05 PM

Oh. Ours aren't betas. They're just tetras. I just meant all our fish are named Bunny.

Ah. Most excellent. I now expect some sort of bunny-fish artwork on a pedal in the near future.

midwayfair

Quote from: eldanko on February 22, 2013, 02:30:51 PM
Quote from: midwayfair on February 22, 2013, 02:29:05 PM

Ah. Most excellent. I now expect some sort of bunny-fish artwork on a pedal in the near future.

yessir.