News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sea Urchin help

Started by garfo, February 22, 2013, 01:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

Ok, I've finished my built.There's signal passing when bypassed but no signal when the switch is turned on.I have no idea what it might be rather than on the project the voltage regulater is marked as a 7805 and someone told me here on the forum that it's wrong and it should be 78l05.So i've used the 78l05and ive put it as it's shwn on the picture.anyone has any idea on what might be wrong?checked the caps and everything is correct, It all appears to be correct, I've done the the ic1 pin connection as well, so it is not that either...

gtr2

What are your ic voltages?  Also, could post a picture or your jack/switch wiring.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

garfo

Well, I'0ve never measured ics before, so my try was that on pt2399 i read pin 1 and it read 9.14volts, on tl072 i read pin 8 since it has the v+ on it and it read 9.53.

Quote from: gtr2 on February 22, 2013, 01:25:50 AM
What are your ic voltages?  Also, could post a picture or your jack/switch wiring.

Josh

gtr2

Pin 1 should have 5V so there is a problem at the regulator (most likely) or a solder bridge somewhere.  You'll have to replace the pt2399 because it's probably fried.  But figure out the problem with the power on pin 1 first.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gtr2

Also, you mention you did IC1 pin connection.  What is this?

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

garfo

On the project there's a bridge from pin 5 to 3.What is the regulator after all, 78l05 or 7805, and on the project for which ine is it designed for?
Quote from: gtr2 on February 22, 2013, 12:53:18 PM
Also, you mention you did IC1 pin connection.  What is this?

Josh

garfo

another thing,on my readings i checked the ground connection ofrom the jack.when i tried the grund from the board i got no voltage.any ideas,maybe a bad componet?

garfo

So, no worries, the pedal is working.The only thing is that it would be nice to make the delay sound a bit darker and loose some of the digital noise i get at slower settings.The only thing I did was replacing the 15n cap with a 39n.not even sure it is the right place to do it, but it appears to be a filter, so why not.Having said this, is there any other filter where I can try adjust the filtering?