News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

OK, someone needs to take one for the team......

Started by GermanCdn, February 14, 2013, 03:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Quote from: Guitar Master on February 14, 2013, 11:05:04 PM
Has anyone got shipments from them lately? Because I am pretty sure they are down for the chinese new year, which if you know anything about chinese companies, lasts 15 days  >:(

I got a notice email than an order has shipped. I suppose someone is at the office.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GermanCdn

Has anyone got shipments from them lately? Because I am pretty sure they are down for the chinese new year, which if you know anything about chinese companies, lasts 15 days  >:(

This was my first inkling as well, except they're in Thailand.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

slimtriggers

Just got an order from them yesterday that I ordered last Friday.  Mine was only $26, though. I'm not quite the player you guys are :-[

DuctTapeRiot

I would stay away from ordering foot switches and other hardware from Tayda, I have a whole batch of 3pdt that are totally unusable for customer builds (the nuts dont thread properly and slip and pop off, cant tighten them down at all), and probably half the DC jacks I ordered are total garbage as well.  Cant beat their prices on passives and whatnot though.  Chinese New Year stuff should be ending today, so I am hoping for a new cupon code next week.

hammerheadmusicman

That's strange man, i have had no problems thus far with anything from there :/ maybe i have been lucky, and this is the calm before the storm ;)
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

pickdropper

Well, I agree with DTR, that the majority of their hardware isn't made as well, but in sure there are exceptions.  In addition to the foot switches and jacks, I'm not terribly fond of their toggles as well.

But for most of the electrical components they are a great deal.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

PimpMyTone

Quote from: juansolo on February 16, 2013, 08:31:03 AM
Their alpha pots are fine.

That`s what I wanted to hear . For that price if they are as good as the ones smallbear sells that`s an easy choice .
Simon

pickdropper

Quote from: juansolo on February 16, 2013, 08:31:03 AM
Their alpha pots are fine.

Yeah, I have no doubt about that since their the same manufacturer.  I just don't buy them because I prefer solid shaft pots.  I wish they carried those.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BraindeadAudio

yea i bought about 75 toggles and half of them sheared aparts when tightening to the case! i went back to mammoth for toggles.

Ettore_M

The code you've all be waiting for is here! Just checked on Facebook and they just published a new 15% discount code! ;)
Here it is:
"15% Discount Coupon Code : 666000
Valid till 21 February 2013 ( 1pm New York time )"

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

G.G.

Perfect, just put in a Small Bear order. <facepalm>

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

I guess maybe I took one for the team then! I was in a pinch for a soecific part and placed a fairly large order along with it. I figured I might as well since I was going to pay for shipping anyway...

hammerheadmusicman

so glad i forgot to put my order in yesterday!!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..