Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Lagoon - Multi Effect

Started by juansolo, February 13, 2013, 07:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

I'll stick it here too...

Black Lagoon

First of a pair of multi-effects pedals for a friend of mine. This one is the delay and modulation pedal containing IMO the three best analogue circuits of their respective types. Madbean's Aquaboy delay and Pork Barrel Chorus (Aquapuss & CE-2 clones) and Josh's Rub-a-dub reverb.

Needless to say this was a bit of an epic build and not one I'm in a hurry to repeat!

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

Stellar work, John.  Looks wonderful.  I really like how you fit the board on the inside.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

The way the inside of this is laid out is laid out is inspiring. Somehow the Aquaboy has a lower parts count than I imagined--I'm excited for the new one to come out! Doesn't seem much worse than the Pork Barrel, biasing aside.

soldersqueeze

I love that gutshot... soooo clean.
Kudos dude, what's coming up for the second multi? Really could be a killer combo!

juansolo

Ah the Sonic Death Monkey... Fingers crossed you'll only have to wait another day to see that one ;)

Haberdasher

Great build js!  Pretty impressive with the layout and tidy wiring....
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

blue_tokai

Nice work..... well packed in there :)
Recent builds.....
Sea Urchin, Cave Dweller, Autobahn, Little Angel, Tremulus Lune

jimilee

I'd like to withdraw my entry at this time! There is no way I can compete with that! That looks incredibly clean,you've outdone yourself yet again!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Stomptown

Wow! Great job all around. I love the artwork and the guts look amazing!!! Do you guys use all solid core wire for your builds? I've never used the stuff myself but if that's what your using here I may give it a try...

hoodoo

Great build mate, ingenuity at it's best, layering those boards. I reckon that's $50 right there  ;D

juansolo

Quote from: Stomptown on February 14, 2013, 05:36:53 AM
Wow! Great job all around. I love the artwork and the guts look amazing!!! Do you guys use all solid core wire for your builds? I've never used the stuff myself but if that's what your using here I may give it a try...

Mostly solid core and occasionally ribbon. The best stuff out there is pre-bonded multi-strand (all the benefits of solid without the downsides), but we simply can't find any here for love nor money. The holy grail is pre-bonded ribbon.

LaceSensor

Quote from: juansolo on February 14, 2013, 09:39:40 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on February 14, 2013, 05:36:53 AM

Mostly solid core and occasionally ribbon. The best stuff out there is pre-bonded multi-strand (all the benefits of solid without the downsides), but we simply can't find any here for love nor money. The holy grail is pre-bonded ribbon.

I get my cabling from Barry at Guitar PCB
ITs quite expensive but its just so nice to use... prebonded multistrand FTW.

juansolo

Yeah, I got some to try with my last order. But I don't want to use it incase it's as good as I suspect it is...

Thomas_H

Looking through my glasses I am not sure if I see this right: The board on top is held in place only by the solid wires you are using ?
This is a very tidy build. I usually do not use solid wire because the (maybe too cheap) insulation melts off when heated to long.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

juansolo

Nope there are some deathstars... See the build thread here: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=8212.0

on page 2. It's very secure :) The other boards are on sticky backed foam tape. Nothing is moving in there.