News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greenbean, Mudbunny & Slow Loris Multi

Started by soldersqueeze, February 10, 2013, 10:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soldersqueeze

This will be my entry to the monthly build contest once I have made a demo video, but for now I thought I'd share it here as it's my first Madbean build.
It's a Green Bean, Slow Loris and russian spec Mudbunny, each with separate in/outs. Up until now all my builds have just been bare aluminium, so this is my first attempt at enclosure finishing. Powder coated Hammond enclosure with Posca pens doodled on top. Had no design mocked up so it was all just free-flowing scribbles, but I was quite happy with the result. Clear coated with Plasti-Cote aerosol.
The boards were a joy to work with, and this thing sounds awesome. It satisfies all my drive needs.

Only thing I'll change is I'll get rid of the switches once I've decided my preferred settings and move them to DIP switches inside. Where they are now is stupid. Reeeeeeeeeally stupid.

Huge thanks to Bean for these awesome PCBs- they're so good, they may even be worth the new evil international shipping charges ;) (just waiting for those Harbinger boards, then it's huge order time!)

jimilee

Very nice build,I like the idea of separate outs too. What size enclosure?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

soldersqueeze

Quote from: jimilee on February 10, 2013, 10:38:59 PM
What size enclosure?

It's a 1550E, or 1550EBK if you want a black one. It's a tad deep for some, but I quite like the extra space. Thanks!

Haberdasher

Nice build!  I love doodle art and looks like you are pretty good at it.  Really like the designs you came up with, and the powered by bean thing is awesome.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jtn191

I too love the paisley. Nice choice of circuits too--some classic dirt. Rat into muff is good  ;)

LaceSensor

Hi

Really a great entry and lovely build, the graphics in particular on first glance I thought it was a print / decal, so kudos for the steady handed artwork.

my only change would be to have switching jacks with a master in/out, then tappable separate in/outs for each effect that are otherwise normalised. but thats just me...

LS

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

soldersqueeze

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm glad you like it as it has a sister enclosure with a similar paint job in different colours, which will probably end up in the March competition. They should look good together!

Quote from: LaceSensor on February 10, 2013, 11:58:50 PM

my only change would be to have switching jacks with a master in/out, then tappable separate in/outs for each effect that are otherwise normalised. but thats just me...

LS

I was actually planning this (hence the longer-than-needed in and out wires) but didn't have enough switching jacks. To be honest, having played with it for a few days, it might as well just be hooked up in series with no switching options- the order is spot on as it is. Still, it's always good to add a few needless complications!
This would sound awesome though an analogue delay... say a really nicely build DMM clone? If only someone had one for trade *cough cough* my login on DIYstomboxes is rainbowdoom are you reading this Lace Sensor? *cough cough*  ;)

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

Stomptown

Great job on the enclosure! It takes some serious skill to freehand like that!

nzCdog