News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX Build Guide online

Started by madbean, February 08, 2013, 02:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Part One of the build guide has been uploaded. Part Two will come along within a day or two.

The build guide is linked from the "Builds" page, but here is a direct link: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/builds/reports/zpsdx/index.html

crashguitar

Cool beans, Mr. Bean!
Actually, it is pretty neat to see how you work and compare it to how I work. I am looking forward to part two.

Thanks for all the sharing and the great pcb!

Chad

alanp

Blutack looks even more useful than masking tape, for guts work anyway. (I'm still using masking tape for marking enclosure drill points, I don't think blu-tack will work there.) Up until now I've held SIP sockets in place with masking tape, I think I'll have to buy some blu-tack. And get one of those panavise things.

I like how you've included your mistake and used it as a learning experience :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Cortexturizer

Great stuff Mr. Bean!!!

Dont mind me asking, I just wanted to know how's that Sample and Hold Filter project going? Really anxious about that one.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

aballen

Well done sir.  I like that you share little tricks etc.

Great quality build guide so far.  Just as good as Limor's over at adafruit... which is a real compliment if you have seen hers.  The best out here imho.

DutchMF

This is a really enjoyable, informative read! We should force it down the throat of every builder around here!  ;) Thanks for sharing, Brian, this is way cool!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

madbean

spaceboss

This guide is really great. I especially enjoyed the plate etching tutorial.

alanp

I've been using the biggest 13mm drill bit in the set to get rid of burrs in drilled holes (doesn't work on the DC jack and stomps, though, since they're 12.5mm and 12mm.)

Is anyone else tempted to send Bean money for this work done on their projects? Because... beautiful, just beautiful.

Except for the drill press ;) :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

aballen

Love the graphics man, what tool do you use?  Inkscape?

jalmonsalmon

Ah thank you, I needed that and now I am going to go an order my passives and enclosure for this build.
I learned alot of tips from this tutorial as well!
Cannot wait for part 3!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

LaceSensor

IS it normal that the Shimmer mode has the lowest threshold for feedbacking, and has more gain/more liable to clip / generally dirtier sounding than the other modes?

either that or I have my mode order messed up :/

neiloler

This has been a lot of fun to read through, and I'm happy to have learned some really cool tricks.

...I wonder if that liquid tin stuff would work on a enclosure...I'll have to dig out my chemistry books and do some google searching. :)
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

jalmonsalmon

I want to thank Brian so much for his great build guide.
This pedal was a challenge for me since I am a noob but, I got it working perfectly thanks to this guide and also thanks to Jacob for the testing rig guide.  It is really loud and I am going to replace R3 with a 470k resistor to see if that drops the output.

When is part 3 coming Brian?  I want to see your finished product!    ;D

Oh I noticed Chromosphere has a great tutorial on calibrating the Aquaboy

so I am up for the challenge on making the Aquaboy Deluxe with some BL3208B's -
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

fendman

Afraid I don't speak French that well :(