News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Running Double Flush on 12-18V - possible?

Started by Isaiah, February 02, 2013, 08:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaiah

Hi

I'm going to start building a dual (maybe triple) pedal including a Double Flush and some sort of overdrive (most likely a single or dual Minibooster).
In my experience, Minibooster-based overdrives sound best on 12-18V.
The fact that they are automatically biased is a plus.

Has anyone tried powering a Double Flush with 12-18V?
I can't see anything in the schematic that makes me think it wouldn't work...

Also, any thoughts on which order to run the effects?
Tremolo before or after overdrive?
This will be used with a clean amp (no amp overdrive).

Thanks!

midwayfair

What are you trying to accomplish by running it at 18v?

Isaiah

It's the Minibooster/mu-amp overdrive that I'd like to be able to run at a higher voltage.
It would just be convenient if all the circuitry could operate on the same power supply.

Everything will work on 9V, of course.
But the overdrive will sound better at 12V or higher.

I just want to make sure that the Double Flush will be able to handle the higher voltage supply.

Hope that makes sense.

hammerheadmusicman

couldn't you just cahrge pump the mu-amp? a madbean road rage.

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

Isaiah

Yes, that is one solution.
But with the increased output level of the overdrive, any increase in headroom would be welcomed.
Sorry, I also meant to say that the pedal will be used with line-level keyboards, too.

Please don't think I don't appreciate your answers (I'm very thankful), but all I am really trying to ascertain is whether Double Flush can operate on voltages above 9V (up to 18V).
It looks like all the op-amps will bias correctly on the voltages I mention.
The only thing I am uncertain of is how the increased voltage will affect the operation of the LED element in the optocoupler.

If some brave soul with a Double flush fancies testing it on 12-18V, I'd be very thankful!

Thanks again, guys!

Isaiah

midwayfair

I'd say try it and see. If it doesn't work, you'll know right away. You're unlikely to damage anything if that's what you're worried about.