News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two more builds (wah & fatpants)

Started by jtn191, February 02, 2013, 06:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

This wah is one I built on a GGG moddable wah board I got from Jacob. I got the inductor and pot from Joe Gagan

I FINALLY put my fatpants v2 in a box after hearing great things about these...lazy, ADD builder here...
The extra DC jack is for 17v out for use with an OCD etc. You may notice I used 1/8" jacks because I forgot to save room for the 1/4" ones. So I use adapters to interface with it. Me likey this one--think I'll go mess with the trimpot now

jimilee

OOHHHH I bet the wah sounds awesome,love to hear it! Also do you pick up any extra noise from having to use adapters in the fat pants? Do they make 90 degree adapters? This seems like an awesome untapped idea if you don't lose anything.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jtn191

The only downside to using the adapters so far is that they may make noise when bumped and aren't making contact to ground. Since they need to fit the 1/4" plug, that takes up more space on the outside of the pedal. And if you don't have two 1/4" to 1/8" adapters handy, you're SOL...I bought these bc they're super cheap:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042903&p_id=7132&seq=1&format=2

joegagan

jeff, super looking wah!

how about a gutshot of the wah, since you have one of the few red devil inductors outside of my custom builds. my new version looks like this: