News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Slut Machine

Started by juansolo, January 31, 2013, 09:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Slut Machine

The second half of my BYOF pedal rehouse. This time I've rebuilt the Screwdriver on a Madbean Cosmopolitan board etched by Haberdasher.

I suppose I should go into the name. One of my favourite bands is Monster Magnet, so you'll find a lot of their promo art ends up on my pedals. This is another Malleus one from the last tour. Slut Machine is one of their tracks. I don't know why, but it just seemed to fit.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pryde

Just fantastic as usual!

Dopes to Infinity rules  8)

DutchMF

ok, I saw the thread title, saw who posted it..... Again, you don't dissappoint Juan, nice!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

jimilee

Beautiful as always.Red heads=HOT. I think I'm just gonna stop commenting on the good ones and wait til you post a bad one :-0 They're all amazing.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Fan freakin tastic build.  It's almost too pretty to stomp on.  Almost.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

stecykmi

nice one, is that a soviet Ge in Q3?

juansolo

It is indeed a Russian trannie :)

We had a stash of them ages ago. Made nice fuzz faces.

wstimson

Monster Magnet is effing awesome!

Nice pedal, man...   8)

studiodunn

I love sluts and machines.......and now this pedal :D

DutchMF

Quote from: jimilee on January 31, 2013, 09:45:02 PM
Red heads=HOT.

That's why I married one!

Paul

And oh, yeah, Juan's builds are awesome!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Very nice and well executed build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GhostofJohnToad

Very nice!  Redheads are the best!

eldanko

That's some massive germanium you got there.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

Bret608

Not only do I love the Cosmo--and your work in general--but anything with a Monster Magnet reference is always already alright with me. Saw them in '95 at Irving Plaza in NYC, and was on the guest list, no less! Long story.

I did a double-take when I saw the arrangement of the pots. I'm guessing you wired them in to be able to orient them that way. For just a split second, I was like, "oh god, the pots are backwards in my Cosmo!" Even though I already know they're not, you understand. I'm just that bright.  ;)

juansolo

It fitted better with the decal this way. However had I realised what a PITA reversing all the wiring underneath was going to be, I'd have probably done them lower so I could rotate them.