Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

stevie1556

I think it's a great idea!

What would the criteria be? No one can win more then x amount of times in x amount of months? Finish? Decal? Wiring? Soldering? Etc.

I think the voting should be done by the forum members, then if there is a draw, it goes to another voting round for the pedals that had the most amount of votes.

Amazingly, 2 days ago I started work on a dual valve pedal, may have to save it for a comp! Got the board cut, etched and drilled :)

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

DutchMF

Quote from: stevie1556 on January 29, 2013, 05:41:26 PM
Amazingly, 2 days ago I started work on a dual valve pedal, may have to save it for a comp! Got the board cut, etched and drilled :)

I really don't want take anything away from your build, stevie1556, as it is probably really nice, but this is a risk we're taking: people saving their build reports until the next competition.... Do we want that? I mean, I get a huge kick out of turning on my computer, either at home or at work, checking the forum and being blown away by something brilliant! Now everyone has their own schedule.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

mandrewbot3k

Quote from: DutchMF on January 29, 2013, 06:27:57 PM

I really don't want take anything away from your build, stevie1556, as it is probably really nice, but this is a risk we're taking: people saving their build reports until the next competition.... Do we want that? I mean, I get a huge kick out of turning on my computer, either at home or at work, checking the forum and being blown away by something brilliant! Now everyone has their own schedule.

Paul

TDPRI.com makes people print out a sheet of paper with the build information on it with the raw materials. Just a thought, but probably overkill. I think most people wouldn't save their build reports, but its one way to solve it. I would think each month would be pretty specific as to what kind of builds should be submitted. It would be kind of annoying after 8 months of Multiplex/rubadub combos winning every month with different graphics.

@Brian
Why not theme it to a board each month. eg... You must use a Kingslayer board for February. Hell it may help your sales too!
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

icecycle66

I think it's a great idea!

What would the criteria be? No one can win more then x amount of times in x amount of months? Finish? Decal? Wiring? Soldering? Etc.

I think the voting should be done by the forum members, then if there is a draw, it goes to another voting round for the pedals that had the most amount of votes.

Man, you have some good points here.
I think if it is a monthly thing, then there should be some sort rubric with s set of specific metrics that can be used to evaluate the the quality of the build. (i like rubrics)

voting could be by community.  however, I think the results should be hidden, if possible, to avoid group bias.  If someone doesn't with by a majority, then the admins step in and vote on the two with the most votes to indicate the winner. Or something like that.

DutchMF

Quote from: roflcopter on January 29, 2013, 07:01:58 PM
@Brian
Why not theme it to a board each month. eg... You must use a Kingslayer board for February. Hell it may help your sales too!
This I like! One of those 'win-win' things for sure, it could be done with every new release (no pressure Brian!), give it a time-frame of, say, 2 or 3 weeks, and then see which one is voted as being the best/cleverest/ingenious/whatever!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

Maybe make it annual instead?

That way at the end of the year, people could nominate builds (cannot nominate your own) and the one with the most nominations wins the honour of being most awesome builder of 2013 or something ;)

I'm sure with the respective skills on this forum we could make an appropriate trophy...

jkokura

Quote from: juansolo on January 29, 2013, 08:59:26 PM
Maybe make it annual instead?

That way at the end of the year, people could nominate builds (cannot nominate your own) and the one with the most nominations wins the honour of being most awesome builder of 2013 or something ;)

I'm sure with the respective skills on this forum we could make an appropriate trophy...

This assumes builders build all year long and check into the forum often enough. It's a cool idea though, but I like the monthly contest better. I think that we should do an annual 'year end' contest that's themed, but we should do a monthly contest that's very open and that just about any build would qualify for. With 12 winners, we could also do a calendar...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

Quote from: jkokura on January 29, 2013, 09:02:22 PMWith 12 winners, we could also do a calendar...

That's conjured all sorts of disturbing images of some of the builders on here posing with their weeners...

madbean

The monthly contests will not be theme-oriented by default, but maybe we will do that a couple of months.

I like the idea of all the winners being entered in a end of the year 'pedal of the year' contest, too. SOmething to think about.

I'll figure out the rules and entry process and such. It will NOT require using madbeanpedals projects., i.e. no purchase is necessary to enter.

midwayfair

Quote from: DutchMF on January 29, 2013, 08:55:32 PM
@Brian
This I like! One of those 'win-win' things for sure, it could be done with every new release (no pressure Brian!), give it a time-frame of, say, 2 or 3 weeks, and then see which one is voted as being the best/cleverest/ingenious/whatever!

I'm not a fan of this idea. Not enough people can afford to buy, build, and box a new release within weeks of its release.

mandrewbot3k

Quote from: midwayfair on January 29, 2013, 09:19:23 PM
Quote from: DutchMF on January 29, 2013, 08:55:32 PM
@Brian

I'm not a fan of this idea. Not enough people can afford to buy, build, and box a new release within weeks of its release.

Yeah, I agree now. haha. I've changed my mind a little bit.

Just an idea... 12 monthly contests released at the beginning of each month, but they have a 2 month build time? It would work well for any new releases or give some more time for folks that don't have as much time (or money) to dedicate as they'd like.
Andrew

(Formerly roflcopter)

pryde

GermanCdn

Quote from: juansolo on January 29, 2013, 09:13:24 PM
Quote from: jkokura on January 29, 2013, 09:02:22 PMWith 12 winners, we could also do a calendar...

That's conjured all sorts of disturbing images of some of the builders on here posing with their weeners...

LOL, yeah, let's not do a calendar.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.