News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hot Chilicon Fuzz!

Started by pryde, January 28, 2013, 03:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is my Hot Chilicon Fuzz built with a fabbed guitarpcb board. Thanks goes to Juansolo for demo-ing the hot chili in another thread. I went with the exact same transistors he suggested in the demo:
Q1/Q2: 2n3904
Q3: 2n2222
Q4: 2n5088

I tried MANY transistors and took notes. Bottom line, JS's combo just kills in this circuit making very versatile with rolled-back volumes and full gain. just rips,tips,rips. Highly recommend. Oh yes, the Fat switch on with a strat...get the F#*% out  :o

Anyway, here is the evil bandito:

jimilee

What an awesome pedal, I can hear it just by looking at it
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

juansolo

Looks brilliant. I'm actually awaiting a Chillicon board to make a new one for myself. I've been going through a downsizing thing of late to try and gain some space...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

pickdropper

VERY nice.  I really like that design.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

I like this a lot! Remind me to always listen to Juan's transistor suggestions from now on...

How are GuitarPCB's fabbed boards? I haven't had a chance to try one just yet.

pryde

Quote from: Bret608 on January 28, 2013, 03:05:29 PM
I like this a lot! Remind me to always listen to Juan's transistor suggestions from now on...

How are GuitarPCB's fabbed boards? I haven't had a chance to try one just yet.

JS has the ear no doubt!

The fabbed boards are pretty fair overall. The component holes are actually a bit to small and solder can sometimes have trouble "sinking in". That said, I have not had any cold joints....yet.  :)

fendman

Looks great!! Very clean build :) Nice graphics,

nzCdog