News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

V3205 dirtbag build-so what happens on r10?

Started by octa805, January 28, 2013, 01:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

octa805

How do I do the part below? Pic anyone? Thanks

R10 - a combination of 1uF and 6k8 in series instead of a single 68k resistor. I suggest using either multi-layer ceramic or electrolytic here. If using electrolytic then make the positive end go toward C7 and the negative end toward the 6k8. The addition of the cap makes a big difference in keeping the repeats more even and longer lasting.

jimilee

Well a series means one end of the cap is in the board and the other end is twisted in with one end of the resistor and the other end of the resistor is in the pcb
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

octa805

octa805

How critical is it to use 6.8k? Would 7.5k suffice?

jimilee

You can go over or under by a little bit usually with no issues. I don't know a lot about this circuit but you shouldn't have any problems with 7.5.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

octa805

Thanks man. Just wondering if its more important since its in the revisions

jimilee

It's always nice to be able to get as close as possible, I'd you go changing lots of values is where you start getting odd tones

octa805

Word

Another silly question--can I use multilayer ceramic caps instead of electros?

madbean

Yes. You can almost always sub MLCC/Film/Ceramic for electrolytic. For power supply filtering, usually it is best to stick to electrolytic because the values are typically large. But, for audio path, it's common practice to use film et. al. in place of electrolytic.

octa805