News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bloody Mary.....

Started by DutchMF, January 27, 2013, 01:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Been a while since I posted an actual pedal build (last one was the TB looper, I think...) so here it goes!
This is my take on the Cosmopolitan:

I got the board from a trade with LaceSensor. Sadly, my part of the trade never arrived which I feel really bad about. I'm still thinking about a way to make that right... I think it is an original Bean etch. This is my first attempt at putting some form of graphics on a pedal and I'm quite pleased about the way it turned out! Let me know what you think....

BTW: I was really curious about this circuit as I heard so much good things about it. Through my small practice amp it already sounds really good, can't wait to take it to rehearsal tomorrow and introduce it to Mr. Marshall!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

wolfingsworth

This looks awesome! What program did you use for the graphics? I have yet to do any graphic design, but it is on my list... That wiring is about as clean as it gets, reminds me of my Timmy.

jimilee

The graphics are great,is that a plate on top of an enclosure?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

MattOcaster

Awesome stuff.
Dig the shaped enclosure and the classy metal look!
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

hammerheadmusicman

Sanding the top of a black box is a killer, i did the same thing recently. probably on the same day!

Love the name 'Spincycle FX'! i get it!

Slick build, neat as!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

DutchMF

Quote from: wolfingsworth on January 27, 2013, 04:47:10 PM
This looks awesome! What program did you use for the graphics? I have yet to do any graphic design, but it is on my list... That wiring is about as clean as it gets, reminds me of my Timmy.

To answer some questions at once: Hammerhead got it right, I sanded down the top of a Hammond factory finished enclosure. I tried to polish it, but couldn't really be arsed with the elbow grease involved. Next time, I'll put in some more time sanding with a finer grid and polishing. After that, I applied a laser-printed decal. I designed it in Autocad, as that is what I know from work. Might not be the most suitable package for stuff like this, but it's what I know....

Thanks for the replies guys, I've got some more of this in the planning stage....

Paul

DutchMF

Quote from: MattOcaster on January 27, 2013, 05:35:50 PM
Awesome stuff.
Dig the shaped enclosure and the classy metal look!
BTW: Hammond has the 1590TRPB, 1590TRPC and 1590STPC enclosures, available through Mouser. They rock, it's cool stuff! I've built a dual overdrive in a 1590TRPC, and some others in 1590TRPB's. Got plans for a Vibe and a Multiplex in a TRPC.... Boh are really nice!

Cortexturizer

I LOVE that enclosure man!
Great build, looks pro.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

LaceSensor

Nice build.

Yeah it was an original MB etched PCB.

Glad to see it went to good use.

pickdropper

The Screwdriver is one of my absolute favorite builds and this is a very nice example of it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Bret608

Yeah, the Cosmo is pretty much my favorite of my builds as well. What did you end up using for the transistors?

I love the name Spincycle! I take it you're still working on top of your dryer, then?  ;)

raulduke

Lovely build dude!

Nice work.

DutchMF

Quote from: Bret608 on January 28, 2013, 03:03:16 PM
Yeah, the Cosmo is pretty much my favorite of my builds as well. What did you end up using for the transistors?

I love the name Spincycle! I take it you're still working on top of your dryer, then?  ;)

I used the transistors Brian mentioned in the build docs, BS170, BC109 and AC127 for Q1,2 and 3 respectively. I'll give those a try and might experiment later. And yeah, still working on top of the washing machine....  ::)

Paul

Stig

Ha, you lucky bastard. My washing machine just broke down.

But nice build. I really like the enclosure and good job on the graphics.

pietro_moog

i was really thinking about this pedal these days.
is it really so tasteful? can it do some modern stuff, or it's just a 70s spongy od?