News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ipad apps for pedal builders?

Started by gingataff, January 24, 2013, 03:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingataff

Just a shot in the dark, does anyone know any good apps that are useful for us pedal builders?
I'm thinking design tools for pcbs and decals.

jimilee

Well there's stools legacy for caps and resistors,amplitude with your irig for testing(this is what I use) and photoshop express for pictures.you just gotta have a printer that is wif compatible.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gingataff

Thanks Jimi.
Some good ideas there.

I was hoping to find something that makes to easy to put clock markings, dots, numbers, etc around pots.
I've tried inkscape but I can only manage about 5 minutes before I give up.

jimilee

Quote from: gingataff on January 24, 2013, 04:45:19 PM
Thanks Jimi.
Some good ideas there.

I was hoping to find something that makes to easy to put clock markings, dots, numbers, etc around pots.
I've tried inkscape but I can only manage about 5 minutes before I give up.
Are you using a stylus or your fingers?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gingataff

So far I've been using a windows version of inkscape (via Wine) on my iMac.

I haven't tried any ipad apps yet but I figured they should be easier to use ;D

I've been looking through the app store and iDraw, Inkpad and TouchDraw caught my eye. If only they came with templates and libraries of stombox paraphernalia instead of bedrooms and bathrooms ;D

gtr2

There is an Inkscape tutorial someone placed in the member tutorial section.  There is also a vector pack that can be used with Inkscape that someone created.  Sorry, its to hard for me to look it up on my phone but a search should work.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Stomptown

Quote from: gtr2 on January 25, 2013, 01:54:12 AM
There is an Inkscape tutorial someone placed in the member tutorial section.  There is also a vector pack that can be used with Inkscape that someone created.  Sorry, its to hard for me to look it up on my phone but a search should work.

Would that vector pack be compatible with adobe illustrator? If so where can I get it???