News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

01.23.13 - Zero Point documentation

Started by madbean, January 23, 2013, 09:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

Oh thanks Brian, I've just realized that I have purchased he 7805 for my Sea Urchin because that's what comes on SU BOM.So, 78L05 for both of them.Great, thank you vey much
Quote from: madbean on January 25, 2013, 06:33:07 PM
Should be 78L05 for everything. That's the regulator in a TO-92 package.

murdog47

Looking at the data sheets, if you already have 7805 laying around you will need to turn it 180 degrees. On the 7805 the leads are 1.Input 2.Ground 3.Output. The 78L05 is 1.Output 2.Ground 3.Input

Like Brian said the 78L05 comes in the TO-92 package. That's what I'd use just for size purposes.

madbean

Yeah, my bad. I think the Eagle part was labeled that way and I forget to change it to 78L05 sometimes. I need to fix that in Eagle!

jalmonsalmon

I just got my board in for the SDX and this will be the biggest build I have ever tackled.

I want to just thank Brian for his hard work here: BRAVO!
Speed of delivery was amazing! Just a few days delivery to Texas  8)

Now for compenents, I want amoung the best you can find and what I plan on ordering are xicon metal film resistors and Kemet 5mm metal film box caps plus the tantalums that are needed. For the Elecro's I am not sure between some Vishay's, Lelon's or Nichicon's but if some of you pro's out there can recommend optimal brands of passives for the cleanest build... would be great!
( I am measuring the lead spacings for sure so I don't get the wrong size passives ! )
As stated a 1590BB can be a tight fit but doable!

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

jimilee

Just keep looking til you find the most expensive, im pretty sure they'd be the best! ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

neiloler

I'm going to build mine with the cheapest components, that way when it sounds amazing the credit goes to Mad Bean and my fingers.
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball

jalmonsalmon

Quote from: jimilee on January 26, 2013, 06:57:31 PM
Just keep looking til you find the most expensive, im pretty sure they'd be the best! ;D

LOL I am not getting the most expensive, just quality - I am of the   Garbage in Garbage out mindset
8)

Buying the most expensive stuff for an SDX would add up fast. no thanks

and I know your only teasing jimilee   :P
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

jimilee

;D I'm gonna have to build one if these too, I got about 5 in front of it though
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

Just got my board in the mail.  Is there a demo video on this one?

madbean

There will be very soon (within the next few days). For all three of the Zero Points.

Stomptown

Quote from: jalmonsalmon on January 26, 2013, 06:52:04 PM
I just got my board in for the SDX and this will be the biggest build I have ever tackled.

I want to just thank Brian for his hard work here: BRAVO!
Speed of delivery was amazing! Just a few days delivery to Texas  8)

Now for compenents, I want amoung the best you can find and what I plan on ordering are xicon metal film resistors and Kemet 5mm metal film box caps plus the tantalums that are needed. For the Elecro's I am not sure between some Vishay's, Lelon's or Nichicon's but if some of you pro's out there can recommend optimal brands of passives for the cleanest build... would be great!
( I am measuring the lead spacings for sure so I don't get the wrong size passives ! )
As stated a 1590BB can be a tight fit but doable!

I prefer mini caps from Mouser that Brian suggests for 1590A builds. Lelon is a reputable brand and they look cool! Brian posted some links to these in his baby board build document on the projects page. I am currently trying out some cheaper mini's that Jon P (Midwayfair) suggests here:

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=6634.0

They are made by panisonic and you can also get them at mouser. I think the minis just look cooler than the taller ones and if you buy in bulk you can build anything from 1590A up...

garfo

Ei Brian, you have written on the sdx document this sentence:"Omit R45 (1M). This will increase delay time and is not needed".I didn't quite understand what is not needed;did you miss some information by any chance?It crossed my mind that doing that mod would make change the pot to 100k not necessary to extend delay time.

madbean

The resistor is not needed. You can certainly increase delay time by using a larger pot like 100k. How much of it will be useable delay depends on how much noise you can tolerate.

madbean

And just to clarify, it is not needed because it essentially duplicates the function of the resistor in parallel with the delay pot (which is optional anyway).

neiloler

Populating both, say perhaps because it was late, you were watching Psych, and on autopilot (...) won't result in anything too crazy, at least that I can see...right?
OLERAudio - Sole proprietor, engineer, and goofball