News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sea urchin pop issue solved. Now a clock noise on the background!

Started by gtangas, January 22, 2013, 03:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtangas

Hi guys

Need some help to kill the "pop" of my delay pedal!

i´m using a super bright blue led. does it matter? and 4.7k resistor

thx
Sergio

gtr2

Stick a 1M resistor from the output to ground.  Easiest way is to just put it across the tip of the output jack to the sleeve.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gtangas

Quote from: gtr2 on January 22, 2013, 03:14:21 PM
Stick a 1M resistor from the output to ground.  Easiest way is to just put it across the tip of the output jack to the sleeve.

Josh

fx output?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Haberdasher

you can use a 100k there and it works fine in my experience, in fact I think madbean is the one who originally suggested the lower value.  IIRC I used a 120k and I have no pop.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

LaceSensor

ditto 100k works for me in all iterations of the "deep blue delay" architecture that I have made

I solder it to the footswitch FWIW...

gtangas

ok problem solved

The 100k works fine!  ;D

now i hear some clock noise! not to loud but when mute the strings i can hear a noise like a clock. i´m supossing that the pt2399...

Another guess and doubt... i didnt use the footswitch wiring indicated by MB
I use a this key:

This key can affect the signal?

gtr2

Its the pt2399.  Some are louder than others when it happens.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gtangas

Quote from: gtr2 on January 22, 2013, 11:37:55 PM
Its the pt2399.  Some are louder than others when it happens.

Ok

Look can you explain the need of connect the fx in on to the empty center pole of my wiring key?

jkokura

The bypass you indicated is fine, with one exception. What doesn't happen with that version is that when you are in bypass, the circuit still holds potential DC voltage. What we often do is 'ground' the input of the circuit just in bypass. So, to accomplish this, I would connect the upper left lug to the lower middle lug as well as everything else you've done. In fact, that's how I do my bypass every time I build.

The Madbean 3PDT scheme accomplishes exactly the same thing, but does it in a different way. If you want to understand it, or the bypass scheme you posted above, I highly recommend you read up on how switches work. I know Beavis Audio has a great Switch article.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtangas

thx for the explanation.

I found the Beavis article on switches, nice one btw, and i will add that extra connection.

Obrigado
Sérgio