News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Noisy Cricket

Started by jimilee, January 20, 2013, 05:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

A few days ago, i found a layout for a noisy cricket on a radioshack prefab project board with a headphone jack,and now I can't find it again,does anyone know what I'm talking and have said layout?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/NoisyCricket/

Noisy cricket PDF at the bottom.  Also a nice single sided pcb with board mounted pots.

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on January 20, 2013, 01:19:20 PM
http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/NoisyCricket/

Noisy cricket PDF at the bottom.  Also a nice single sided pcb with board mounted pots.
Thanks,I'm also looking for the layout with the headphone jack,do you have that one?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

No but runoff groove has an article on adding a headphone jack to the ruby amp that will accomplish the same thing.

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on January 20, 2013, 05:10:41 PM
No but runoff groove has an article on adding a headphone jack to the ruby amp that will accomplish the same thing.
That will work, thanks

jeffaroo

let me know how yours turned out. i built one and it sounds like a blown speaker.
let me just say that this bitch really neded to be breadboarded. i would also make a ground lug for the chasis mine was looking ugly when it was done. next time im going to take a 2" chunk of 14 gauge  copper
and bend it like this ______________
                        _ l                      l_ screw it down to the chasis with 2 screws.
lots of bs going on with the grounds, with this you got a place to simply hook it and shoot it.
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jimilee

Will do, did you use the radio Shack board or Vero? I really just want it to test pedals, right now I use my ipod touch with an irig, but that's just a hassle really.

jeffaroo

radio shack board, those are good to have a few on the bench
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jimilee

pedalman

I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

aballen

Hey man.  I was going through my parts bin and found this. 

It's a noisy cricket I etched some time back.  The one with board mounted pots and switches. Not quite perfect, but totally useable etch.  PM me if you want it.   I even tinned it.  You just have to drill it and its good to go.

pedalman

i will take it if jimmi dont want it. let me know. you have the build report for it ?
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

aballen

It's yours if Jimi does not want it.  For more info. And parts list check post #2

jimilee

I got the radio Shack board I was gonna use, do you have a schematic for it?

aballen

Layout, parts list and schematic linked above. If you don't want it just say so and it will go to pedalman