News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What brand Oscilloscopes do you use?

Started by electricstorm, January 17, 2013, 08:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electricstorm

I just got my new oscillocope today (first one I've actually owned. Have had other people help me with signal tracing that had a scope in the past), so now I finally own one! Hope to put it to use here shortly. It is an Atten ADS 1062CAL 60mHz dual trace scope. Is anyone here familiar with it? If so, any tips?

Got it as an open box unit, never used. The company I bought it from thought the screen was broken, but discovered that the silica pack was busted causing the rattling noise inside the box. Paid $260.00 (free shipping) for it and was told it sells for around $350 - $400 normally.

Anyway, what brand o-scopes do you use and is there a preferrence? Just curious.

Jim
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

jeffaroo

sounds like a steal. ive been lightly looking for one, i was told to ask around at schools.
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

nzCdog

Congrats on your scope!  Good times ahead  8)
There are a bunch of threads on the EEVblog forum about various scopes, you should check it out they do tear downs and all... I have a Tenma 60MHz

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

electricstorm

Thanks Corey, I'll check out the EEVblog forum.

The only thing I've noticed so far on the scope is the "Auto" features behaviour. It's a little slow and sometimes it doesn't set the best settings. During my college electronics classes the "Auto" feature was fairly quick to respond, but then again, they were Tektronix scopes. Other than that, it works fine!
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

jeffaroo

we all were a little quicker back in the college days !
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

stecykmi

i have a tektronix 466 that i bought for $200 or so a few years ago. very nice scope, top of the line in it's day. works near perfectly after decades of use. it has the optional digital multimeter on top too which i think is pretty slick tho i tend to use my handheld dmm more.

i also have a tektronix 442 that i found at school that works intermittently. seems to have some trouble in the trigger section, but the problem is hard to trace because it usually works fine if you turn it on an leave it for about 20 minutes, haha. i'll probably dedicate this one to looking at synth wave at some point.