News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Deluxe question

Started by Flyrite, January 17, 2013, 06:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyrite

I build this pedal awhile ago and it has just been laying on the shelf. It is wired up per the schematic but I have not put it in the enclosure or powered it on. I was just wondering before I plug it in if the ground is not shown in the wiring schematic. There are quite a few places for the ground but i thought the ground was one of the bottom three that are wired at the bottom of the board. The VC is wired at the top in red and there are three wires at the bottom in orange/brown/green. I thought the brown at the bottom was the ground coming from the negative of the dc jack. Just asking if I got this wrong.   

wolfingsworth

You are right in thinking that that the ground on the bottom between the in and out was intended for connecting to the proper jacks, but you could connect to any of the ground pads on the board. If you notice, right next to the VC pad, there is an "extra" ground pad that may or may not make your wiring easier (depending on the layout of your box). As long as everything that needs to go to ground is connected, you should be fine! Happy boxing!

Flyrite

Alright mate, I was pretty sure all the extra grounds were for convenience, thanks for clearing that up for me. 

Flyrite

I checked all the wires, lines, parts and anything else that came to mind but the power led wont even come on. Board is getting power but nothing at all going through. I have built a few boards before and never had a problem so I am not very experienced in trouble shooting these boards. Ah well i only built it for some experience anyways. Any ideas you guys might have let me know. Thanks

jimilee

Is it oriented correctly? I usually check with another led touch the current LEDs leads to check
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Flyrite

Checked Led's and they are in correct spot. I get volume changes with the level pot and I believe it is self oscillating now. I think I may have a short. Going to rewire all the switches, jacks and pots. Maybe it is a careless solder joint or two.