News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Different objects as enclosurs?

Started by ok, January 16, 2013, 01:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ok

So I just finished my Collosalus build and it sounds fantastic but doesn't look all that great since I used a simple Hammond 1590bb. I don't have the materials needed to make decals so I was thinking of using creative objects as enclosures to add some life and originality to my pedals. Different containers come to mind, I really want to try and put a pedal into a hollowed out CD drive haha. I was wondering if that's safe to do or can cause problems, I don't see why not. Thanks for any help.
-O

jkokura

Depends. Sometimes you may need to consider shielding the enclosure if it's not made of metal. Usually strange enclosures are cool though.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jeffaroo

go to Ross or some other 2nd rate store like michels. go to the metal crap area to decorate living room / kitchen. i found a metal rooster i dremeled a few spot welds off did the build and jb welded the thing shut.
thing looked scary as hell with the glowing green eyes. my buddys friend bought it from me before i was evn done with it. i love looking in that area for enclosure ideas. thats how i found henry the turtle. my headphone amp    ;D
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

alanp

Keep in mind durability (both the fact that it will have a switch designed to have one's foot descend on it (sometimes forcefully), and it may wind up being thrown around by a hamfisted friend.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jeffaroo

Effectsiation

Quote from: jeffaroo on January 16, 2013, 03:41:30 AM
I found a metal rooster i dremeled a few spot welds off did the build and jb welded the thing shut.
thing looked scary as hell with the glowing green eyes. my buddys friend bought it from me before i was evn done with it. i love looking in that area for enclosure ideas. thats how i found henry the turtle. my headphone amp    ;D

Aww dude, Pics or it didn't happen!

jeffaroo

;D HENRY

irmcdermott