News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What's your favorite wire to use for pedals?

Started by kylemyers33, January 13, 2013, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

Haha, probably because it was such a bad one ;)
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

gordo

+1 on the Smallbear stuff.  The stuff that Barry sells at GuitarPCB is great too.  The first time you use really nice hookup wire and the stuff strips clean and doesn't melt away from the soldering iron you're hooked.  Makes up for the fancy-schmancy price... :D
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

mjcyates

I have been using the wire from guitarpcb. So far I like it the best.

jeffaroo

Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

whitebread47

Quote from: mjcyates on January 14, 2013, 01:43:33 AM
I have been using the wire from guitarpcb. So far I like it the best.

Same here.  I've also gotten along well with the pre-bond 24awg from PPP and surprisingly enjoyed the solid-core stuff from Smallbear (real nice for clean jack and footswitch joints).  The GuitarPCB stuff is my all around favorite though, as it has been the most pliable stuff I've used.
Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

jeffaroo

i found a place that has shrink tubing in a ton of colors. next build will be done in all black wire with colored wrap on the ends. i think that will look cool
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

jimijam

I get 24awg silver stranded wire teflon insulation. the teflon never melts witch helps when you need to desolder or make changes. I use 22awg solid core for anything I want sharp right angle bends. I use the insulation fro the 22 gauge for insulating led legs or componant leads it fits snug enough and looks neater than shrink wrap in certain situations. I also have some sheilded 22 gauge teflon for inputs and outputs on projects where radio inerference is likley. it works well for pedalboard power cable making. I get it from ebay. always a huge selection of colors available.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!