News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Coloursound Jumbotonebender

Started by garfo, January 12, 2013, 07:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

Well, this was a buil that I have made twice.This is a project that I've made from GGG and it sounds good.I will modify the tone frequency on the treble side changing 3.3nf to 3.9.The sound is very good but I found a problem,There is a lot of background noise, I figured out it was due to the Led I used, with no LED the noise decreases a lot.I have used bright 3mm LED, I think that if I change it to low current LED this problem might be fixed;anu suggestions?

bigrigg

Firstly, I don't see any pics of the build in your post?  We should start there.

garfo

Quote from: bigrigg on January 13, 2013, 01:11:51 AM
Firstly, I don't see any pics of the build in your post?  We should start there.
Will the pictures make you happier?If so, when I get my camera back I'll take some pics to post them.If it is a problem not to instantly put pictures when the thread is opened, then, honestly, I don't know what follows.

jkokura

Quote from: garfo on January 13, 2013, 03:46:18 AM
Will the pictures make you happier?If so, when I get my camera back I'll take some pics to post them.If it is a problem not to instantly put pictures when the thread is opened, then, honestly, I don't know what follows.

Not that it's a big deal, but you posted a tech help question in a sub forum that's usually dedicated to build reports that feature pictures. So, not that he was particularly polite about it, mr, bigrigg has a point.

I'm going to move your thread over to the tech help area, and perhaps you'll get more assistance there.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

garfo

Thank you, it wasn't my intention to make a mess.Actually wasn't quite sure where would be the best place for this post.
I'll try to take pictures anyway.Meanwhile I found some answers that might be helpful for other people too.
Quote from: jkokura on January 13, 2013, 04:19:38 AM
Quote from: garfo on January 13, 2013, 03:46:18 AM

Not that it's a big deal, but you posted a tech help question in a sub forum that's usually dedicated to build reports that feature pictures. So, not that he was particularly polite about it, mr, bigrigg has a point.

I'm going to move your thread over to the tech help area, and perhaps you'll get more assistance there.

Jacob

garfo

Update 2:I really need help.Today a friend of mine who I have build a Big Muff to has told me his pedal has started to become very noise.I brought the pedal home and guess what, it's making the same noise as my jumbotonebender wannabe.Please, someone just help me.
Quote from: garfo on January 12, 2013, 07:31:24 PM
Well, this was a buil that I have made twice.This is a project that I've made from GGG and it sounds good.I will modify the tone frequency on the treble side changing 3.3nf to 3.9.The sound is very good but I found a problem,There is a lot of background noise, I figured out it was due to the Led I used, with no LED the noise decreases a lot.I have used bright 3mm LED, I think that if I change it to low current LED this problem might be fixed;anu suggestions?
Update:There's still background hum noise.This is due to the transistors used.I'm using 2n5089, but I'll experiment others in order to decrease unwanted noise.