News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bear Hug

Started by slimtriggers, January 10, 2013, 09:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

I haven't played with it much yet, but so far I'm impressed with how quiet it is.  I never use a compressor because they're usually so damn noisy.  This is pretty much dead silent, even in front of an overdrive pedal.

This is more transparent, and not super squishy like a Ross/Dynacomp. 

I don't think I'll do graphics again.  They're always a pain.  I had to re-do this one 3 times, and I'm still not really happy with it.  But since Garfield's "master" was named Jon, and the designer of this circuit is named Jon, I guess it's kind of a subtle homage :)

I may change the CLR, that white LED is BLINDING

nzCdog

Love it... huge Garfield fan too
Nice build

Bret608

Well, the graphics came out looking great anyhow! You should be proud of this one. Bet it sounds great.

jkokura

Those graphics look stellar! I'm really liking the selection of knobs too, it seems well matched. Super build.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

midwayfair

I approve of teddybears!

icecycle66

slimtriggers

Thanks guys!

If I could find a way to powder coat clear over the waterslides without bubbling and cracking, then I'd be OK with doing graphics.  I had to use a spray clear, and I just don't like working with spray paint anymore since I started powder coating.  I guess I'm  spoiled :D

Been messing around with this some more and I really like it!  It lets me use less overdrive, without loosing sustain.

I used BAT41's, but I'm wondering if it would be worth my while to try some of the recommended 1n60 diodes?  I may order some 1n60's to try out.  Couldn't hurt to have them on hand, anyway 8)

midwayfair

Quote from: slimtriggers on January 11, 2013, 01:54:13 AM
I used BAT41's, but I'm wondering if it would be worth my while to try some of the recommended 1n60 diodes?  I may order some 1n60's to try out.  Couldn't hurt to have them on hand, anyway 8)

They won't be different enough. The BAT41s have approximately the same Fv range.

Again, the main reason for 1N60Ps is that they are so CHEAP. (So you might as well get some for future projects!) :)

slimtriggers

Quote from: midwayfair on January 11, 2013, 04:24:50 AM

They won't be different enough. The BAT41s have approximately the same Fv range.

Again, the main reason for 1N60Ps is that they are so CHEAP. (So you might as well get some for future projects!) :)

Thanks.  That's kinda what I thought.  Can't have too many diodes ;)