News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Warhorse

Started by Roctopus, January 06, 2013, 12:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

This is a build I've been dreaming of for a while. It's a 2in1 pedal. One side is the Slow Loris (Red LED) and the other side is a Timmy (Green LED). Both circuits have a dedicated clean blend knob via JMK Pedals clean blend schematic. Both sides have their own 3-way clipping toggle switch (left and right). The final feature is a order toggle switch (middle) which allows you to select which one goes in the chair first. The guts are not nearly as clean as I'd hope and I needed to drill/re-drill a few holes. But now that I know it can be done and that it works, the next one should be mint!

Roctopus

nzCdog

:o :o :o
Cool idea and build!  How do you like the combo, with the blend?

Roctopus

Quote from: nzCdog on January 06, 2013, 12:33:20 AM
:o :o :o
Cool idea and build!  How do you like the combo, with the blend?

I dig it! I think they pair up nicely. I wanted a super versatile pedal with a lot of tonal options. The Timmy is a very transparent boost/overdrive and the Slow Loris (w/sweep mod) is a rich overdrive/distortion. With the added features of the clean blends and order toggle, not to mention all the clipping options, you have a huge tonal gamete to work with.

Haberdasher

awesome pedal, roctopus!  I've been toying w/ the idea of a timmy/rat combo myself.

btw, now i have to build a pedal named huge tonal gamete.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

midwayfair

Very cool combination of dirt there. I also like the knob color arrangement.

wolfingsworth

This is superb! I am constantly trying to think of the perfect drive/distortion combo pedal that will do everything I want. I really like the clean blend addition and a slow loris is def. on my build list. Good job getting all that stuff in the enclosure too :)

jkokura

Crazy! I can't imagine trying to stomp those switches without bumping a knob though...

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

pickdropper

That's quite a dense build there.  Very cool.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper