News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

green bean

Started by jeffaroo, January 04, 2013, 06:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffaroo

so on a green bean, if i got this right.
if i wanted to play with the fat / bright sounds, id be monkeying around with c5 and c6 right ?
has anybody done this and what did you use ? how did it sound ?
if i was to do switching mods id jumper the switches and pull off c5 and c6 right
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

RobA

I haven't played with different caps in the circuit, but I have built two of them. The first for myself with the toggles in place. I don't really like the mods that much, so I left the fat and bright switches off on the one I built as a Christmas present.

Given that, to put in something like a rotary cap selector, if that's what you are after, I think you could jumper the caps and then wire either side of the toggle to a rotary switch that allowed you to select multiple caps (leaving one as a disconnect for stock setting).
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

RobA

I just realized that what you might have been talking of doing would be bypassing the fat and bright toggles and then doing the switching mods on the stock caps (C4 and C7). In that case you could just leave off the toggles and C5 and C6 and do the switching on a connection in place of C4 and C7. This would alter the way the bright switch works though and would be more of a mid point frequency selector for the tone control.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jeffaroo

so pull from c4 & c7, got it
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !