Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I don't know what this means!!!

Started by icecycle66, January 03, 2013, 02:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chi_Boy

Quote from: gtr2 on January 04, 2013, 04:13:22 AM
What is bass? :)

Something for the guys that can't play guitar to play so they can say they're in a band.

Q: What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
A: A Bass Player.

I'm going to catch some crap for that one.   :o

Just funnin' guys.  I play bass too.

nzCdog

I'm not bassist.  Some of my best friends are bass players

mysticaxe

I thought a bass player was a guy who liked to hang out in a boat with a stick and string trying to catch fish for fun...  I guess I have a couple things to learn.

icecycle66

Good men play guitars.

Better men play bass.

jeffaroo

Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

GermanCdn

I would have thought we wouldn't gang up on bass players here, so I'll take the high road.....

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend?

Homeless
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

DutchMF

If we're gonna take slam at drummers, here's my take:

How can you tell that a drummer is really, really happy?

He'll be drooling from both corners of his mouth!
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

TNblueshawk

Quote from: p.eat on January 03, 2013, 05:15:30 PM
You guys took off in the wrong direction. I bet your potential customer is a bass player. And active electronics for basses come in 2 flavours: 9V or powered by 2 batteries at 18V. So in bass player slang you either have a 9V pre or a 18V pre. Dig it?

The standard wooly mammoth is known to have problems with active electronics. These come from 2 sources. One being the low output impedance of such electronics and in some cases, especially with 18V preamps, the output signal level of active basses.

So the guy simply wants to know if your sabertooth will play nice with his active bass.

Hope I could help.

Being the simpleton that I am, if in fact this is the case, then the asker of the questions should have said so rather than leaving it up to someone to assume one thing or another.

I thought you bass players kept it simple  :P :D
John