News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Source for low profile jacks

Started by RobA, January 03, 2013, 12:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

I need to get a bunch of low profile jacks and Smallbear is showing zero stock. I've searched everywhere I can think of and I can't find them. Does anyone know of a source for them?

Thanks,
Rob
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Haberdasher

I'm not sure if these are what you're looking for, but mouser might have something similar.  check these out
mouser part # 550-10284 but they don't come with nuts.  You have to buy them too, part # 550-1005
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

midwayfair

Quote from: RobA on January 03, 2013, 12:04:01 AM
I need to get a bunch of low profile jacks and Smallbear is showing zero stock. I've searched everywhere I can think of and I can't find them. Does anyone know of a source for them?

Thanks,
Rob

I've been looking for months. Despite his description as an OEM part on many pedals, I've never been able to find anything like them. The ones Keith gave the part number for are a good second bet; not the best, but good.

RobA

I've looked at the docs for the jacks at Mouser, but they look to be actually bigger than the standard black square jacks (minus the ground connection).

I've been looking for about a week and the closest I can get is that they are used in some amps, Marshall and Vox I think. Although, which Marshall I don't know because they aren't in mine. Oh well, back to the search I guess. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if I can find any.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Stomptown

I found a mono version of them at Bonzai Music about a week ago but they are pretty expensive! I contacted small bear and they expect to have them back in stock by mid January. Here is the link if your really in a pinch:

http://www.banzaimusic.com/Marshall-1-4-jack-PC-mount-mono.html

RobA

Those are the guys. Yikes on the cost! Shipping would be a killer too. I used to order stuff from Bonzai when we lived in the UK and they're great, but I think I'll wait for Smallbear to get them back in if I can't find them elsewhere. Thanks for the info about Smallbear getting them back in soon.

Stomptown

Your welcome! Hopefully those switches come in soon as expected. I actually prefer to use those jacks for most builds...