News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer

Started by Roctopus, December 30, 2012, 09:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctopus

Built this Kingslayer for a friend. Sounded great! Thinking of building one for myself now :)

Stig

Looks nice. I like the placement of the switches.
But you're cheating. No guts - boo :-)
Which diodes did you use for the build? I used OA126, 1N34a and some bat41s I think. But my faves are def the OA126s they sound really, really wonderful in there. Can't compare to the bats, they're just right.

Roctopus

Quote from: Stig on December 30, 2012, 10:01:59 PM
Looks nice. I like the placement of the switches.
But you're cheating. No guts - boo :-)
Which diodes did you use for the build? I used OA126, 1N34a and some bat41s I think. But my faves are def the OA126s they sound really, really wonderful in there. Can't compare to the bats, they're just right.

Thanks! I went with Bat41's also and 3mm Red LED. I wanted to get the OA126's but they were hard to find and way to expensive.

Stig

They are hard to find aren't they. I bought mine from midwayfair at his diode sale. I bought three of them and broke one :-( Slippery little dangs.
I noticed some on eBay, but that was like a package of 50 diodes or something in that range. That's a lot more than I'll need.

wolfingsworth

Very nice! I like the knobs, switch placement and the color os beautiful. Did you do that picture using Diptic? I haven't figured out how to put my ipod pictures onto image shack. Nice build, but I do believe it's not a build report without gut shots  ::)

nzCdog

Dang that looks nice!  Great job Rocto! :)

Roctopus

Quote from: wolfingsworth on December 31, 2012, 05:50:32 AM
Very nice! I like the knobs, switch placement and the color os beautiful. Did you do that picture using Diptic? I haven't figured out how to put my ipod pictures onto image shack. Nice build, but I do believe it's not a build report without gut shots  ::)

I used an app called PicFrame on my iPhone than copied the link from my instagram to post it in the forum.