News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny Variants ... Which to build?

Started by Bman40, December 29, 2012, 06:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

What you use depends on what you want to achieve and what range you want. Duncan's Tone Stack calculator is your friend on this as you can see what frequencies it'll effect given different parts. For example, the Ultrastoner is a ?Lady-a-like with a mid pot. But we had to tweak a couple of the other tone values to make sure it scooped the right frequencies for what we were trying to achieve. Adding it without these tweaks scooped some top also, which wasn't what we wanted.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Sibob

Thanks very much for the info, does the Tone Stack calculator work on Macs?

Cheers
Si

juansolo

Sadly not. It'll work under bootcamp and you might be able to get it working with wine. Thankfully I have a PC kicking around that I can run it on even though I'm primarily a mac user also.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Sibob

No problem, i'll figure it out :)

Cheers
Si

jeffaroo

everything works better with wine !    ;D
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

marauder

Quote from: Sibob on January 07, 2013, 02:39:28 PM
No problem, i'll figure it out :)

Cheers
Si

http://www.playonmac.com/en/

Download playonmac, let it install X11 if required, and lots of fonts, then download the Tone Stack Calculator,  and install it within playonmac as a non-listed program.  You should end up with an icon on the desktop, put it in /Applications.   It's how I run the calculator.

Sibob

Quote from: marauder on January 08, 2013, 03:38:59 PM

http://www.playonmac.com/en/

Download playonmac, let it install X11 if required, and lots of fonts, then download the Tone Stack Calculator,  and install it within playonmac as a non-listed program.  You should end up with an icon on the desktop, put it in /Applications.   It's how I run the calculator.

Thanks very much :)

Si