News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fat Pants : Voume Pedal

Started by nzCdog, December 21, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

2nd attempt at this particular pedal... was a Mod-tone(sucking) Volume pedal.  Now it's a fatpants 8)

Not an epic build report post, but it's a great idea if you use volume pedals...

True bypass = when off, no volume pedal/tone suck. Foot control is Level, Side Knob = 'Fat' control

'Body' switch this side, instead of Aux out

T_MBaker

That's a cool idea. I recently grabbed a Modtone Volume pedal and the tone suck sux.
I'm thinking I might follow your lead.

Good work!!

raulduke

Really cool idea, and a really nice build to boot!

hammerheadmusicman

I have a nackered old wah which I put a volume pot in and use it as a volume pedal, but I am so doing this to it!

Nice neat build, how does it sound as a volume pedal? Are you using it at the end of your chain?

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

midwayfair

Cool idea for sure. If someone's a volume pedal and boost user, might as well roll them together ...

MattOcaster

Simple and elegant. Great stuff. :)
Do you mind giving a couple of details of the build?
Like the white labeling and the rubber on the front.
Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

nzCdog

Cheers guys :)

Quote from: T_MBaker on December 21, 2012, 09:46:26 AM
That's a cool idea. I recently grabbed a Modtone Volume pedal and the tone suck sux.
I'm thinking I might follow your lead.
Thanks TM... This is my second attempt at modding this pedal... I can report that originally even just adding a 9V opamp buffer made a nice difference at first.  I had to install the 3PDT, FYI the enclosure is hard on the drill bits but very do-able.  The Fatpants is a fantastic version of the Echoplex booster... props to Madbean!

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on December 21, 2012, 11:59:42 AM
Nice neat build, how does it sound as a volume pedal? Are you using it at the end of your chain?
Thanks George... let me get back to you on that this weekend after I've had a good play so I can give you a decent opinion as to where it works best :)

Quote from: MattOcaster on December 21, 2012, 07:33:20 PM
Simple and elegant. Great stuff. :)
Do you mind giving a couple of details of the build?
Like the white labeling and the rubber on the front.
Thanks Matt, it was a modtone pedal to start with, so all the exterior finishing was done already

nzCdog

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on December 21, 2012, 11:59:42 AM
Are you using it at the end of your chain?
Sounds great at the front, and seeing as it's true bypass I can put it before my rangemaster without a buffer killing the goodness.  What I like about it in particular is it's versatility to fatten or thin out a guitar tone while remaining really transparent and dynamic... It's a definite keeper.  However to answer your question, it's not the same as a completely linear volume control that you might use at the end of a chain. 

hammerheadmusicman

ahh ok, i might have a tweak at it anyway see what i can come up with, i use the fatpants as an 'always on' makes a strat sound so nice!

G
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..