News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel- No effected signal

Started by T-diddy, December 18, 2012, 05:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-diddy

Hey guys, I built two pork barrels side by side.  One works and one doesnt.  I checked Transistor voltages of the one that doesnt work and they are all fine, compared to voltages posted by other successful Pork Barrel builds.

IC voltages all look good except:
pin 7 of the 4558, is 1.5V
pin 7 and 8 of the MN3007 is 3.2 volts

Im wondering if the 4558 is affecting the MN3007 or vice versa.  Either way I get bypass, but no effected signal. 

Any help would be great.

T

T-diddy

Just noted that the VB side of C6 gives me VB....4.6V  The other side of C6 gives me the 1.5V that I am seeing at pin 7 of the 4558.  Hmmm wondering if my C6 cap is bad?

T-diddy

Pulled C6 out...tested the cap on my cap tester and nope value is good...110pf is what it measured out to be.

T-diddy

madbean

Have you checked via audio probe to verify you are getting signal into pin3 of the MN3007 and out of 7&8?

If you are getting dry signal out when the effect is engaged then this is the first place I would look.

T-diddy

Quote from: madbean on December 19, 2012, 03:48:33 PM
Have you checked via audio probe to verify you are getting signal into pin3 of the MN3007 and out of 7&8?

If you are getting dry signal out when the effect is engaged then this is the first place I would look.

I have not used my audio probe as of yet.  Just checked voltages, but I will do some probing and report back. Thanks for the help.

T