News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ram's Head Mudbunny Battery only

Started by Gristlepig, December 17, 2012, 12:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gristlepig

Hey folks,

So I've got this old Red Ram's Head Big Muff case with no guts and I'm going to stuff it with a Mudbunny built to Violet Ram's Head specs. I'm using all carbon comp resistors and mostly NOS caps per Kit Rae's schem.

Now for my questions...
Since it will be powered by battery only, can I just omit c14 and d5, or will I need to jumper those pads?

I'm torn as to whether to use the slider switch for an on/off control like the original, or to hook up some clipping diode options... hmmm...

Gristlepig

jeffaroo

If it were me, id go ahead and add the 9v input
as you get deeper into the hobby you will find that you shift away from the batterys
my power supply on the bench is wired for those jacks
just plug in and go to work/mod/tweak   :D
Not enough germaniums in this world to complete my wish list !

JakeFuzz

If you really decide to do just battery power you can leave those off and it will work fine. You don't want to jumper them or you will short the power supply.

Gristlepig

Quote from: jeffaroo on December 19, 2012, 01:58:15 AM
If it were me, id go ahead and add the 9v input
as you get deeper into the hobby you will find that you shift away from the batterys
my power supply on the bench is wired for those jacks
just plug in and go to work/mod/tweak   :D

It's an original 70's Ram's Head case. I'm not going to drill a hole in it for a 9v power supply.

I hear ya though. I hardly ever use batteries anymore. Their environmental impact after use is horrible.

juansolo

I just drilled a hole for power in a 40yo wah ;) If it's used, I use the theory that any mods are natural to the continued enjoyment of said effect.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk